CBD-based products although lacking legalization in many states and countries are proving to be a great source of relief for several conditions without showing any side effects. The conditions span from regular muscle pains, aches, anxiety, depression, to treating cancerous cells. CBD hasn’t transcended to treating illnesses like cancer but has shown potential to have positive effects in managing the symptoms, at least. So, in case you are seeking your solutions within the hemp-derived natural remedy, then this article is for you as we will be discussing the use of CBD oil in detail.
Before we dive into the ways CBD Oil can be used, you need to be aware of what exactly is CBD to make the best decision for yourself.
CBD; An Introduction
CBD is found present in the Cannabis Sativa plant, commonly known as Cannabis plant. CBD is also one of the many compounds found within the same plant. Other than CBD, the other two compounds that are found within the Cannabis plant are delta-9 and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Each compound comes with its set of effects, with CBD being the one that doesn’t induce any psycho-active after-affects, like the other two do.
If we speak about which compound was famous for inducing a ‘high’ then TCH has been quite popular. However, because of its mind-altering properties, it wasn’t the best when it came to treatments. For this, CBD was looked into and it proved to be a compound that is psychoactive. Meaning, that it doesn’t changes a person’s current state of consciousness. However, it does affect the body and creates changes that have proven to be medically beneficial.
This discovery then created the many products aiming to provide the consumers with the relief they seek, out of which the popular one is CBD oil, consumed widely globally. There is no bad way of consuming CBD, but the best way to take CBD is something we will definitely aware you of.
Before that let’s look into the any benefits CBD brings to the table.
Benefits of CBD
Here’s a list of CBD benefits that you can look into to get a holistic view of the ways it can help you.
- Anxiety Relief: Researchers have concluded that CBD has the potency to help treat anxiety. However, everything hasn’t been concluded as solid proof, but they are hopeful. According to the researchers, it may change the way your brain’s receptors respond to serotonin., a chemical that is popularly and scientifically linked to mental health.
- Anti–Seizure: CBD has shown some hope towards being a possible solution for treating epilepsy episodes. Researchers are still under the experimentation phase, so it is in the works as to how can it treat epilepsy along with how safe it is.
- Neuroprotective: Considering the CBD has the potential to affect brain function, the researchers are looking into the receptors located within the brain and learning how CBD affects them. Thus, many possibilities like CBD being useful at treating illnesses like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and even strokes have come to light.
- Pain Relief: The most common use of CBD is for relieving pain. Many athletes have been gravitating towards CBD oil and other CBD-based products for pain and ache to relieve. CBD has shown progress in relieving symptoms caused by chronic pain, muscle pain, arthritis, and spinal cord injuries.
- Anti-Acne: CBD or hemp-extract is actively used within many beauty products and has shown considerable improvement in reducing overall inflammation within the body. Apart from this, CBD oil has great benefits for acne management.
- Cancer Treatment: Some studies have been investigating the role of CBD in preventing cancerous cells from growing and spreading. But researchers have concluded that it is still in its early stages, but the NCI (National Cancer Institute) has stated that CBD helps alleviate cancerous symptoms, and that is a great step forward towards CBD being used for major treatments. Of course, CBD oil or the likes do not replace the treatments of cancer but help reduce some of the parts of the treatment.
Other than the above mentioned benefits, 2018 study also includes the following reasons for taking CBD Oil:
- Sleep Disorder
- Lung Conditions
- PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder)
Now that we have covered the necessary concepts and knowledge concerning CBD, let’s move on to one of its most popular product – CBD Oil. How is CBD oil used is another great concern that majority of the potential consumers have. CBD hemp experts are there to provide the necessary guidance but so are we.
At Honey Organics, we not only have a range of CBD products for you to choose from, but in-house experts that are there to oversee the manufacturing and packaging process – along with having the ability to write informative articles such as this one educating you on how to best use CBD oil?
So, is there a specific way(s) of consuming CBD oil? The answer to this is ‘not really.’
However, there are ways it is advised to best be consumed. So let’s get into it shall we?
How to Take CBD Oil?
Although there are many ways to take CBD Oil, it largely depends on the strength of the oil. Our 450mg CBD Oils, you can put 2 to 3 drops under your tongue and hold them there for less than 30 seconds. You can repeat this trice daily. Moreover, you also have the option to put the same drops in your drink of choice, possibly a healthy smoothie, juice, or even in your morning caffeine.
Apart from this, there are ways to consume CBD oil.
9 Ways to Take CBD Oil with Ease
1. In a Tincture
A tincture is a concoction available to you in the form of a dropper or a spray that you can directly place under your tongue or spray in your mouth. If you are wondering why specifically under the tongue? Then it is because of the capillary-rich under area that your tongue has enabling the concoction to reach your bloodstream.
2. In a Capsule
CBD oil also comes in the form of capsules and for those that find tinctures a bit uncomfortable can choose to opt for capsules. This is also a great option for people who desire consistency and find it achievable through capsules. However, with CBD passing through the digestive tract takes time, you might have to wait for 20-30 minutes for CBD oil to show affects.
3. CBD Gummies
Sounds exciting? It tastes great to. They are edible gummies with various fruity flavors. Even the process of making these gummies is quite similar to the actual gummy production process. Now the CBD gummies take longer than the capsules to show effect. CBD gummies take between 1 to 6 hours to accomplish highest levels of CBD in your bloodstream.
Depending on the preferences including your health condition along with CBD’s potency, one may choose CBD gummies. Aside from the great taste compared to the usual CBD, it has the same effect as the tincture and capsule. In order to derive the max advantage, one may require to chew a piece of gummy once or twice a day.
4. In a Smoothie
CBD oils are of various kinds and do not have the most favorable of tastes. For this, it is best to combine it with your favorite beverage like a smoothie. While we are on this case and if you are not into smoothies, then this is the time to start on it. You can easily add half a teaspoon of CBD oil to your morning smoothie for a great soothing start.
5. In Coffee
Best believe it when I say that there are CBD coffee brands in the market where the beans are infused with the coffee beans. This evens out the jitters the coffee provides you with a smoother transition and relieves you of any edge that the coffee usually induces.
6. Vape It
Vaping has become quite common these days and CBD oil can now be consumed through vaping pens. The upside to vaping CBD oil is that as it is inhaled, it enters the lungs and into the bloodstream quicker. However, considering how deadly excessive vaping has proven to be, it is advised to be cautious.
7. As a Topical Application (Rub or Cream)
CBD, like the coffee beans is being manufactured as a blend with various other commercial products like the coconut oil or any other cream that can be rubbed on the skin giving it a sense of relief. If you have sore or tense muscles, it can provide you with great relief.
8. In Your Cocktail
It’s crazy how far we have come. If we were speaking about THC being added into the cocktail that would be an entirely different situation. However, considering how CBD oil or CBD in isolation is non-psychoactive, it can be blended in with your cocktails at the bar or at the house. Either way, you’ll be safe.
9. In Baked Goods
CBD can also be baked within your favorite sweet treats – be it cookies, bread, cupcakes, and much more. Sweets really balance or cancels out any sour taste of the CBD itself and makes it easily consumable.
How much CBD should I take each day?
It is best advised to start the day by taking a few drops. Now of course, depending on your requirement, you can up the dose as required. We personally recommend starting with 5mg doses at least 3 times per day and then slowly increasing if need be. However, ensure that you do not overdose and go above 70mg.
Is CBD Oil legal?
For this, you would have to read this FDA regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products to understand the legality of CBD. Moreover, there are certain states within America where CBD has been made legal.
Does CBD Oil have Any Side Effects?
CBD is generally considered a safe concoction but may cause some side effects as studies have shown that includes Diarrhea, Fatigue, and Changes within weight and appetite.
Can CBD Oil Make You Gain Weight?
CBD has been observed to have a great effect on the appetite and people dealing with significant weight loss, but it can conversely cause weight gain as well. In fact, the most common side effect CBD consumption has shown is the change within one’s appetite.